INDUCTION or no: please weigh in
I want a Miele 36" induction cooktop, but DH is very much against it. Here is the list of pros and cons as I see it. A couple of points: kitchen will be shaker inset white cabs. We plan to stay in this house at least 15-20 years. We hope to add solar panels in a few years.
Will you weigh in on this debate and, if you went with induction, whether you like it?
1) Most efficient cooker (and can be cleanest if you have solar electric)
2) Easy to clean
3) Great burner power comparable to high powered gas
4) Much safer than gas or even electric
5) This is the cooktop of the future
1) Modern aesthetic will not fit well in our period-influenced white kitchen
2) Requires special cookware and dedicated circuit that will cost addl money
3) Special cookware is very heavy and as we age it may become too burdensome
4) May turn off potential buyers (if we sell for some reason) No one I know has this cooktop and only one of the GCs I spoke with knew what it was
5) Can't char a pepper or use a grill/griddle on it
6) This is not the cooktop of the future but a 40+ year fad for gadgety folk