Link to my guest bath remodel

katdipJuly 26, 2007

Thanks to many here for your good advice. I don't have many "Before" pictures, but picture an ultra-cheapo chipboard vanity that looked liked it had been salvaged and then painted green, very plain 4x4 tile, vinyl flooring that was coming up, a scratched and chipped tub, and no fan. A simple "refresh" (tile, fixtures) turned into a major remodel due to significant rot because of a bad previous remodel (i.e. no vapor barrier behind tiles). I had to sister or replace new studs around the tub (while trying to retain the lath and plaster on the adjoining walls), and replace the floor. Despite that, it worked out great!

Here is a link that might be useful: Guest Bath

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
scottmel

Very pretty! Love your fixtures and the cute built in!

Bookmark   July 29, 2007 at 9:49PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mahatmacat1

katdip, that was an *excellent*, *helpful* set of progress photos. We're about to venture into the daughter's bathroom, where we have a corner of the cr*ppy porcelain-over-steel tub having drained into the wall for at least the 5 years we've been here...I'm steeling myself for the mold and rot we will probably encounter and you have shown the way to make the repairs so they're strong and robust.

You must just feel so great knowing that what's behind the beautiful surface is healthy and intact now. As rewarding, in its own way, as well-executed tile installation :)

Bookmark   August 3, 2007 at 7:43PM
More Discussions
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
? Factory sealed carrera tile- anyone??
I went to the tile store today and was planning on...
amspinn
Suggestions - Eliminating Jack and Jill Bath in New Construction
Looking for suggestions on eliminating a Jack and Jill...
burbmomoftwo
Stop Frameless Shower from Slamming Shut?
Just completed a renovation of our master suite and...
ntrainer
Finished Conestoga cabs bathroom
This wasn't our usual full DIY, we paid for the tile...
justterrilynn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™