K. Uyeda place card holders?

51gerriMay 26, 2008

I have some small silver (?) objects that I think are place card holders. They're marked "kuyeda950-s". I haven't had much luck finding out anything about them. I think they are japanese. Does anyone know anything about them?? Such as, are they silver, when were they probably made, what are they worth??? My mother was a collector. I inherited these and have had them over 30 years. There are 12 of them and each is different. I would really really appreciate any information anyone could give me. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ideefixe

950-s refers to the weight of the silver. Kuyeda is a Japanese silversmith. I've linked to a seller who has butter pats with that mark.

Google around "Kuyeda silver" and you'll find a number of items for sale.

Here is a link that might be useful: Butter pats

Bookmark   May 26, 2008 at 11:20AM
antiquesilver

950 refers to the purity (silver content) rather than the weight. 95% pure silver, 5% other metal(s), usually copper.

Bookmark   May 26, 2008 at 12:54PM
antiquesilver

I hit the submit button too soon! Here is a link (at the bottom of the page) showing where it is/was a trendy jewelery shop in Tokyo.

Here is a link that might be useful: K Uyeda

Bookmark   May 26, 2008 at 1:03PM
lindac

I believe the 950 refers to the purity....that is 950 parts out of a 1000 silver.
Hard to tell what they are worth without seeing a picture or knowing the size, but Kuyeda made some fairly high end stuff....and I would think having 12 sterling or better place card holders would be very neat!
Linda C

Bookmark   May 26, 2008 at 1:24PM
51gerri

Thanks everyone for the replies. I though it was silver, appreciate the confirmation. I'd found the sites mentioned, I just couldn't find anything on these. Thanks everyone, I'll keep looking.

Bookmark   May 28, 2008 at 9:03AM
More Discussions
Name on artwork
I just got this photo today, have you ever hear of...
Dones
Can anyone identify this nightstand?
This nightstand was my grandmas and was given to me...
Michael Potter
Need help identifying this lamp.
Please see the picture below. The lamp was originally...
Chuck Wert
W H Grindley Satin White
Can someone help me to identify the pattern? The stamp...
TulipWoolf
Need help identifying blue bowl
Does anyone recognize this maker's mark? It is on the...
SFQ54
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™