tub choice

boisedoctormomJuly 22, 2011

I am remodeling all 3 bathrooms in my "storybook style" home in Boise. My teenagers bathroom currently has one shower (which she never uses) and she desperately wants a bathtub. After many conversations with the contractor, it seems I must find a very small tub to fit this space. I initially ordered an American Standard Huron (46 1/2" by 28") but found it to be cheap looking and uncomfortable to sit it. So now I am looking at the Kohler Greek tub. Has anyone used it and loved it? Can you use it for a shower? Do you have to buy the "apron" that makes it an alcove tub (which is what I need). Is the apron ugly and would it be better to just tile the front? Any input would be appreciated, time is of the essence, of course.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Olychick

you may want to post this on the discussions side; this area is for photos of finished baths, so you won't get much feedback here.

Bookmark   July 25, 2011 at 1:41AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jgailstorm

Wondering the same thing...only we are looking into the Bellwether bathtub by Kohler. It's a deep, cast-iron tub. It looks like it has clean lines and is deeper than most affordable, non-spa, cast irons.

Bookmark   July 28, 2011 at 9:17AM
More Discussions
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
WWYD - Mosaic tile accents?
Starting to try to figure out some of the decor details...
numbersjunkie
Bertch 60" single bowl vanity for hall bath
I would appreciate some advice and insight on my dilemma....
Sofia Akhter
Small bathroom from scratch - layout help needed
http://www.homestyler.com/designprofile/b86dc96a-7c58-42f3-8ba3-408b7c9610f2...
peace_rose
40" for double vanity, any suggestions?
Hi, We are remodeling our bathroom and would like a...
rickyk22
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™