Finished guest bathroom - FINALLY

cabogirlApril 3, 2005

It has been nearly 2 years since we moved in. When I first looked at the house, I noticed that I had not seen one of the bathrooms listed on the MLS sheet. My realtor and I walked back through the house carefully looking for the hiding bathroom. Well it was hiding for a reason. Off one of the hallways that goes to the guest bedroom there was a closed door. We opened (to our horror - nothing mentioned in write up about condition)to a totally torn apart (down to the studs) bathroom - cobwebs galore and at least 3 inches of dust. We didn't start right away since we had some other pressing issues with the house but it is finally finished after a few mistakes like the fabricator cutting the wrong size for the sink and the plumber messing up on the steam setup. But, it is finally complete...

Here's some pictures: Guest Bathroom Remodel

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
itbeatshousework

Lovely! And I renew my vow to have my floor tile set on the diagonal.

Bookmark   April 4, 2005 at 10:04AM
colo_lady

cabogirl - great job on this bath! It really is a lovely space now. What kind of granite?? Do you like the stainless bowl? Enjoying that steam shower?? It really looks GREAT!

Bookmark   April 4, 2005 at 11:18AM
cabogirl

Thank you for the compliments. I LOVE the steam shower - I use it all the time at least until summer! The stainless bowl was my husband's choice (along with the faucet). He's much more modern in his taste then me. I like it alright for a guest bathroom but if I was using it everyday I'd be cleaning it constantly. It has a mirror finish and shows every water spot. The granite is crema bordeaux. The first piece had a lot more of the peachy pink color. But, the fabricator cut the sink hole in the wrong place. This piece has more of the wine color which I like a lot but we then had to repaint the bathroom! The first color was a light green which just didn't go. My husband wasn't too happy since he was doing the painting but he's happy with the outcome. It actually made the room a lot brighter which is good since it is a very small room.

Bookmark   April 4, 2005 at 3:08PM
mitchdesj

Elegant and timeless, I just love it, congratulations; your accessorizing is lovely also.

Bookmark   April 5, 2005 at 8:32AM
dcoats

Very nice bathroom. Do your scounces give you enough light? I am thinking about doing the same thing on each side of my mirror?

Bookmark   April 6, 2005 at 7:00AM
salbwil

Beautiful bath ! What is the size of your steam shower and did you use Kerdi?
Thanks, salbwil

Bookmark   May 7, 2005 at 3:36PM
tlsullivanct

Awesome job! What sort of bracing due you have to do to make arrangements for the granite over the toydee. ;-)

Bookmark   August 5, 2005 at 3:05PM
More Discussions
Replacement parts for Restoration Hardware Pivot Mirror
Hi All, I have a 24x30 rectangular pivot restoration...
isb182
Bathtub width - Kohler Archer?
I am looking for a bathtub that has a deeper soak (my...
lineterry
Bertch 60" single bowl vanity for hall bath
I would appreciate some advice and insight on my dilemma....
Sofia Akhter
American Standard Town Square Toilet
Does anyone here have the American Standard Town Square...
mrsdindinbaby
Quality Pocket Door Frames?
(Please accept my apology for the duplicate post -...
ahmnj
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™