Contemporary Power room taking shape

sharkmApril 1, 2007

My 5x5 power room is taking shape. The pumping is still not done, mirror and accessory not installed. But it is turning out to be better then I had envisioned. Below is the mock up of the sink and faucet.

Also need to install this wall sconce from WAC.

I cannot wait for this to finish!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gpwuster

Wow, it looks really good and it's not even finished yet! I like the tiles! Are the ones the wall the same as floor? Did you cut them or do they come with smaller size?

Bookmark   April 6, 2007 at 2:39PM
sharkm

Thanks. The lamp is now installed and the green light make it look really good. The tiles on the walls are not the same as the floor.

Bookmark   April 6, 2007 at 7:36PM
efmiller

Who makes those tiles? They look great!

Bookmark   April 6, 2007 at 11:10PM
sharkm

Actually, I did not really know who makes the tile until you ask. We just found the tile we like at the tile store. But now I just found out (after the fact) that they were from Imola. The white is Origami, the liner is Daisho and I don't know about the gray one.

Bookmark   April 9, 2007 at 12:32AM
kristenfl

I love it! You made beautiful choices. They look great with the neutral background.

I just had Imola Micron tile installed in my kitchen, hallway, and bathroom. They did not do a great job on the grout. Even though I went 1/16 of an inch in between, I can feel the space. It's sort of rough. Do you have any issues like that with yours? I love the look of the porcelain. It is simple and beautiful like yours. The actual tiles are very smooth and almost have a "soft" feel. He's supposed to come back and redo the grout. I think it should be even with the top of the tile on this kind of contemporary install. I would appreciate any feedback on your tile.

Bookmark   April 17, 2007 at 12:10AM
sharkm

The grout lines are ok. As in my photo they are fairly wide, so you can easily feel that space. The edges are straight, smooth and even.

Bookmark   April 19, 2007 at 3:40PM
mahatmacat1

I just saw this--Great! Any more pics?

And kristen, if you had 1/16 groutlines, that probably means that the installer used unsanded, which has a habit of shrinking upon curing. It's not his fault so it's nice that he's agreeing to come back and "fix it". I wonder how he was going to do that. Had the original grout been sealed? If he used Spectralock, I do think that new epoxy can stick to old epoxy, so that would actually be lucky...

Bookmark   May 10, 2007 at 5:12PM
More Discussions
Finished Conestoga cabs bathroom
This wasn't our usual full DIY, we paid for the tile...
justterrilynn
Very Cool - New Porcelanosa Luxury Vinyl Tiles
I would love this for my walls too! And the website...
numbersjunkie
extra tile decisions
It turns out I have more grey crackle tile than I needed...
edwina 1330
American Standard Vormax Toilet
Does any one have an experience with this toilet? http://www.americanstandard-us.com/vormax/ I...
David
Has anyone seen an interior door handle like this in the States?
Sorry for the link but I couldn't find an image to...
ceezeecz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™