Traditional master bath updated

sassyinakMarch 23, 2007

Here is a link to my nearly completed master bath remodel. The subfolders will show the before and during construction pictures.

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u235/Tracey_W_photos/

Here is a link that might be useful: traditional bath

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gpwuster

Wow.. what a beautiful bathroom!! I love the glass blocks and shower!!

Bookmark   March 28, 2007 at 4:31PM
laurmela

Sassy,

Love your granite in the shower and the glass blocks! Wish I had that much room.

Where in Alaska are you? My FIL took the whole family there 3 years in a row. We loved it!

Laura

Bookmark   April 18, 2007 at 5:32PM
sassyinak

Thanks! I am enjoying it. Lauraella, I am in the Anchorage area, also known in these parts as "Los Anchorage" due to its dissimilarity to the rest of Alaska. But we love it here!
Sassy

Bookmark   April 18, 2007 at 5:38PM
laurmela

I will have to show your shower to my DH and add it to my file of 'someday'. Hope to get up to Alaska some time soon. Just too beautiful!

Laura

Bookmark   April 19, 2007 at 1:11AM
nunk

sassyinak,

Love your bathroom! We have just started ours and have a similar set up...would you mind a ? or two? I also want to use glass blocks in a (roughly) 40" x 48" area that separates our shower and tub. Can you please share the details on your blocks? Where did you buy them? What size are they? Were they a difficult install? ETC.....

Thank you for any info you can supply asap!

Nicole

Bookmark   August 11, 2008 at 12:58PM
sassyinak

Nicole,
Sorry to be so long in answering! The glass blocks were purchased at Lowes. They are the slimline type, about 8 inches square and 4 inches deep as I recall. The tile installer did not seem to have any particular difficulty with them. Hope this helps!

Bookmark   December 7, 2008 at 3:40AM
stayn2busy

sassyinak,
I love you bathroom. We are currently building and the plans call for a walk in shower. How do you like yours, do you have trouble with water spray out the door. It looks pretty, but I'm not so sure I'll like it. Silly question, but do you get cold when you are drying off?

Bookmark   September 6, 2009 at 8:08PM
marybeth1

sassyinak,
Your bathroomis beautiful! I love the pebble floor! Silly question how does it feel to stand on in bare feet? I'd love one in our main bathroom. But worry about comfort level.

Bookmark   November 26, 2009 at 11:39PM
sassyinak

stayn2busy, not silly questions at all! I was concerned about keeping the shower warm and water spray. That's why I designed it so that a shower rod could be hidden above the opening. I simply pull the curtain closed when in the shower, then open it and tuck it behind the partial tile wall.
marybeth1, I like the pebble floor, it feels nice to my feet. Howevever, someone with very sensitive feet might prefer a flatter pebble. That wasn't available in the color I wanted.

Bookmark   December 1, 2009 at 10:16PM
More Discussions
Ledges, niches and shelves
In our first remodel, we did niches (don't like them),...
sjhockeyfan325
Need bathroom sink/mirror/sconce advice asap!!
Hello everyone, we are in a total pickle over what...
Jenn Cassie
Bertch 60" single bowl vanity for hall bath
I would appreciate some advice and insight on my dilemma....
Sofia Akhter
Seeking Skirted Toilet with Good "Water Spot"
I am replacing an old toilet that was one of the early-generation...
sahmmy_gw
Small bathroom from scratch - layout help needed
http://www.homestyler.com/designprofile/b86dc96a-7c58-42f3-8ba3-408b7c9610f2...
peace_rose
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™