Need advice on master bathroom layout

apeteloMarch 17, 2011

I am really new to this forum and still have a lot to learn, but I thought maybe you all might be able to offer some advice/words of wisdom for us. We are planning a remodel of our 1st floor. We are making a master bedroom/suite downstairs where there are currently 2 smaller bedrooms. We are making the laundry room into a Master bath (with some definite expansion), and downsizing the full bath to a 1/2 bath, and moving the laundry into the 1/2 bath. I have included a picture of the "plans" which are not exactly accurate, but will give you an idea of the general layout that we are shooting for. I have also included my drawing of a layout for the master bath and 1/2 bath (it is different from the plan). My husband really wants to do a combo bath/shower to save $, but I really feel like this is going to be a mistake. There is a definite possibility that we may try and sell in 4-5 years. I feel like we can fit both shower/bath into the layout without it being too crowded. What do you think? Oh, and on a seperate note, the entrance to the Master is a little awkward because of those basement stairs :( But, they are only an emergency exit, there is another entrance that we use regularly. Thank you in advance!!

Amy

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
apetelo

yikes, that is a really small picture, not sure if you're going to be able to see it very well. I was also only able to add one pic, couldn't add the master plan, sorry. Again, new at this :(

Bookmark   March 17, 2011 at 2:30PM
More Discussions
need bathroom drain advice
Need advice. I am putting in a built in shower 3ft...
checkman123
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
Tile install question
I've been posting a lot about our upcoming master bath...
numbersjunkie
Trying to reconfigure master bath to include washer dryer
How does this layout look? how could I make this space...
cinnamon01
Thinking about the new Bain Geysair Oval Plus. Opinions/Exp?
Hi, I think this really is the time we are actually...
raehelen
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™