Bathrooms under the eaves- Capes, Bungalows, converted attics?

debtslaveMarch 1, 2005

We're planning to convert a large closet to a bath on our third floor. I've been looking in shelter magazines and online but have not found many pictures of full baths under a slanted roof. Other than anna_chosak's bathroom remodel below, I haven't found any pictures in this gallery of full bathrooms tucked under the eaves. Please share any pictures that you have.

Our kneewall is very low (2 feet at the junction with the roof), so there is a limited amount of full height floor space. There is a narrow dormer with window in the adjoining bedroom and could make that part of the bathroom and put the toilet or shower in there. Did anyone else deal with a similar challenge?

Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
webwoman

We didn't do a full bath -- a wetroom shower with a lot of the constraints you describe. It's all a little chaotic still until we do the finish flooring in the rest of the room. (more construction dust has also settled in). I'll try to post pics later, but we tiled the whole floor, with a slope and drain in the center. There's a rain can type showerhead there; shower controls and hand shower on the side. The sink is to one side of the room and the toilet on the other. The space is big enough for a tub as well.

Right now nothing closes off the shower. We might go for a bamboo screen. The openness feels odd to my husband.

Bookmark   March 4, 2005 at 10:32AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
debtslave

Webwoman, I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures. This is an idea I hadn't considered. In visualizing your description I realized that it would save me the hassle/expense of designing around the swing radius of a shower door. Thanks.

Bookmark   March 5, 2005 at 12:52PM
More Discussions
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
Small bathroom from scratch - layout help needed
http://www.homestyler.com/designprofile/b86dc96a-7c58-42f3-8ba3-408b7c9610f2...
peace_rose
American Standard Town Square Toilet
Does anyone here have the American Standard Town Square...
mrsdindinbaby
Replacement parts for Restoration Hardware Pivot Mirror
Hi All, I have a 24x30 rectangular pivot restoration...
isb182
Very Cool - New Porcelanosa Luxury Vinyl Tiles
I would love this for my walls too! And the website...
numbersjunkie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™