Remodeled half bath - beadboard and blue walls

amainahFebruary 26, 2006

We've finally finished remodeling our first floor bathroom. The majority of the work took about six months after work and on weekends - this was our first major DIY project. And now, since we survived this project we're on to remodeling the master bath! I learned tons here that helped with the planning, so thank you!

Here are the details....

Toilet  Toto Drake, elongated bowl with sanagloss and softclose toilet seat in cotton white

Vanity  Kraftmaid 48 inch vanity, all plywood, cherry, veneer recessed door in autumn blush

Countertop  Home Depot Napoli pre-fab 48 inch granite countertop (our guess is that this is actually Luna Pearl or White Pearl)

Faucets  Delta Neo, widespread in pearl nickel

Tile  by Ricchetti, style is Indian Hills, color is grigio smoke

Beadboard  Cape Cod planking from Home Depot

Mirror  from Bombay Company

Fixtures  Chatham toilet paper holder and towel holder from Restoration Hardware

Light  Chelsea triple sconce from Restoration Hardware

Ventilation fan - Panasonic/Whisper Ceiling 70 CFM Ceiling Mounted Fan

Paint

Walls are Ralph Lauren "Overalls" in Behr interior flat enamel. I should have used paint with more enamel/shine, as this one burnishes very easily and creates a white mark.

Bead board and trim are Behr "Ultra Pure White" in semi-gloss enamel.

Image link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amainah

Still learning here. Let's see if this preview photo works...

Bookmark   February 27, 2006 at 12:12PM
cfrizz

I really like it! LOVE the wall with the pictures and your choices in all the elements are great!
Nice Job!
Cathie

Bookmark   April 3, 2006 at 10:39PM
amainah

Thanks for the compliments. The photos are mostly from our honeymoon to New Zealand with one or two other locations thrown in.

Now we're on to our master bathroom and bedroom remodel - it's good to look back at how bad the "before" was in the first floor and how far it came to remind myself what we can accomplish!

Bookmark   April 7, 2006 at 9:43AM
liz_h

How nice to see all the art on the wall. Whole room looks really nice.

Bookmark   May 10, 2006 at 6:29PM
asm198 - Zone 6a (MO)

Beautiful room! I love the wall colors and the photos!

Bookmark   June 27, 2006 at 4:20PM
amainah

Thanks! The photos are ones we took on various trips - New Zealand, hiking with the dog, and the Grand Canyon.

The Kandinsky print (to the left of the window) is what drove the wall color, as originally we weren't planning on a complete remodel and I was trying to find something to tie together orange countertops, yellow toilet and sink and a third color for the walls. Thank goodness we decided to get rid of it all!

Bookmark   July 11, 2006 at 3:25PM
kathymichigan

Amainah, I love your bathroom. I've printed your picture for inspiration in my bathroom remodel. My only negative is the window treatment. It's much to ordinary for that beautiful room. One question, from your picture, it looks like the beadboard has a ripple or is that just the camera angle? Or could the top trim piece be a little too flexible? I might opt for standard wood trim unless this is just an optical illusion.

Bookmark   October 6, 2007 at 11:11AM
More Discussions
need bathroom drain advice
Need advice. I am putting in a built in shower 3ft...
checkman123
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
Tile install question
I've been posting a lot about our upcoming master bath...
numbersjunkie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™