Please help me decide what to do with an odd bathroom!

flealeapFebruary 6, 2007

I just bought a house with an odd L-shaped bathroom. As you can see in the picture, the sink and toilet are by the entry, and the tub/shower are around the bend in the L. It is all a bit narrow and strange.

No need to be sensitive about the hideous paint etc! I bought it like this and can't wait to re-do the walls, floors, sink, etc.

Please give me your ideas for making the best of this oddly shaped space! I don't have the budget to alter the layout of the room, but I know that with all of your fabulous design ideas it can look okay.

What do you think I should do with the corner where the storage cupboard now stands?

Looking forward to your responses!

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rrs626

Is this a 1/2 bath or is the shower/tub around the corner?
What type of style is the rest of your house or furniture?
Also wondering out about the bump out in the wall - can you put storage or shelves in there? I'm thinking a mirror might be nice.

Bookmark   February 19, 2007 at 8:17PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Maur

It's hard to tell from the picture what exactly but the bathroom is like. What size is the space with the toilet & sink? If it's small, you could go with a pedestal. They also have some pretty smaller vanities at www.Bertch.com or www.Masterbath.com (Home Depot)Once you decide on vanity or pedestal(get suite so they match), you can decide on tile for the floor. Wainscoting looks great with wallpaper or paint above it with pictures on the wall.I find that picking subtle works best & putting color in the walls or towels,etc. That way I don't tire of it.

Bookmark   March 13, 2007 at 2:55PM
More Discussions
Lowe's master bath estimate....seems high?
Due to a 3-year old poor tile job in our stand up shower...
A McK
air /jacuzzi tub help. need to decide ASAP
http://www.costco.com/Access-Tubs-Venetian-Dual-System-Bathtub.product.100057666.html I...
matdrew
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Help choosing a vanity top?
I am trying to choose a vanity tops for my renovated...
singers11
Conflicting Contractors: how to anchor a shower niche shelf
Dear Bathroom Wizards, We put an 18-inch wide, extra-tall...
hobobrian
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™