CO poisoning and a bit of luck

homeboundSeptember 20, 2008

My neighbor sleeps in her cozy 600 sf finished basement with her child. Last night she heard something fall in the utility closet and sent me an email if I could come by today.

Turned out the hot water heater flue pipe fell off, leaving combustion gas spewing into the room. She has fire alarms, but no CO alarms. I'd say she was pretty darned lucky that she heard it, and that she's still around to talk about it.

How about that?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
worthy

There are 500 accidental CO deaths annually in the US. I guess it was someone else's turn.

    Bookmark   September 20, 2008 at 4:08PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Str'l Wood Floor + CrwlSpace vs Concrete Slab
Hello, We were discussing our plans with a builder...
lookintomyeyes83
Replacing Steel Column With Stud Wall?
I am interested in replacing a steel column with a...
atv_freak
Adding toilet to basement
We are adding a half bath to our basement when we start...
Seamer1
water seeping through floor?
I have a finished walk out basement. After several...
abbey_cny
What kind of ceiling to do?
We are wanting to finish out basement rustic/lodge...
jencox5508
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™