Picture of Pedastal Plumbing issue

dxk10February 28, 2007

Help! Sink used to be centered over the vanity - now its not. No idea how they should move - they are saying its not possible unless they use flex pipe and they will not warranty, but i am 100% certain that's not where it used to be!

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emagineer

Although my pedestal is centered, the plumbing still bugs me to see it. What happened to the beauty rings which are normally placed around the pipe on wall? And is there another water line on the other side? Hot/Cold?

Bookmark   April 3, 2007 at 9:02AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wgnc

We DIY'ed our pedestal sink (by "we" I mean my hubby). He came up with a clever way of "hiding" the plumbing as I did not want to be staring at it everytime I sat on the commode! He stacked the hot and cold (this would have to be done pre-sheetrock) and I've literally forgotten that pipes are involved in a pedestal sink! You can still see it from the side view, but it's much nicer this way IMO. As far as moving the sink or using flex pipe, we have the flex pipe (if what I'm thinking of is what you are referring to) and it works fine - it shouldn't be difficult to move a pedestal sink - or any sink - over an inch or two so long as you are able to position the plumbing okay. I can upload a pic if you need to see ours.

Bookmark   May 5, 2007 at 10:13PM
More Discussions
Uberhaus Shower Column
Hello, I am looking for any feedback anyone can lend...
johnmaks
Under bathroom sink pull-out
Having custom bathroom vanity built...double sinks...
janelor
Side of tile is bright orange - should I use something else?
Howdy. My master bathroom remodel is underway. My contractor...
mrsshayne
Bertch 60" single bowl vanity for hall bath
I would appreciate some advice and insight on my dilemma....
Sofia Akhter
Very Cool - New Porcelanosa Luxury Vinyl Tiles
I would love this for my walls too! And the website...
numbersjunkie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™