buying a home - basement issue
hello y'all, i'm going to be buying a house in the near future. we're actually prepared to make an offer.
we plan on having an inspection done once/if our offer is accepted, but i was hoping for some input on this basement situation beforehand.
both times we've looked at this house it was after a recent rain, so the basement was particularly wet. i'm not too sure how it is normally (damp or not).
the most recent visit however, i looked more thoroughly and found a streaming leak in one corner, and most of the other corners were actively leaking as well. but in that one corner it is like a waterfall :(
the ground outside the house at this location does slope towards the house a bit and i'm sure adding some dirt to get the slope away from the house would help.
i'm just wondering if a leak this bad should be steered away from all together before an inspection is even done, or just wait and see what we find out.
any suggestions/input would be greatly appreciated. we're actually going to be starting some paperwork this evening so i suppose info asap would be nice :) thank ya's!