Master Bath Design

rivergalJanuary 30, 2006

Critique my walk in shower please. It will have 2 shower heads on the front wall where the arrows are with 2 body sprays below each head (for upper & lower back area) and a handheld by the shower head closest to the bench. The shower is 6' wide by 5'6" deep with no door. Will I be okay with this configuration and will the water stay in the shower without a door. I refuse to have a door! We will not start new house construction for a few weeks but I need to discuss any changes with GC asap. I would appreciate any input.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jen9

Can't answer your question - It's a pretty big shower, but who knows ... Anyway, the layout looks great. I suggest you discuss it with a good plumbing store or designer....

Bookmark   February 6, 2006 at 12:32PM
yborgal

Your layout is similar to one we used to have and the water
stayed in the shower. Our shower enclosure sat about 2½" lower than the rest of the bathroom floor and the dropped floor extended past the shower up to the tub surround, just in case. Plus it was a good spot to stand and drip while we toweled off. The problem was that the room was rather large and the ceilings high and we froze in there on cold days even though we were using hot water. We ended up installing a door for that reason.

Bookmark   February 28, 2006 at 9:01AM
fourwheelin

Great tip on high ceilings in baths making things a bit colder. I designed my new master bath for cathedral ceiling, but I placed a skylight facing south/southeast on a 10/12 roof so I can grab that warm winter sun and direct it into the walk in shower. I hope it helps. Room should be very warm from wood heater on first floor just below.

Bookmark   June 1, 2006 at 4:39PM
More Discussions
What do you think about tiling the ceiling of the shower?
This dovetails with previous posts where I've discussed...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Wood Beadboard on the walls outside the shower?
I was reading an article on saving money on tile, by...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Quality manufacturer of bathroom fixtures?
We would like to purchase the best quality for a low...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
help choosing modern recessed lighting.
Oh my goodness this seems to be the hardest part of...
Edie Nicosia
Toilet seat height
The other thread here asking about whats new in bathroom...
numbersjunkie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™