Help with my basement floorplan pleeease!
I have about 2,000 sq ft of basement space. It walks out through the sliding doors at the bottom left. Only two sets of double windows facing the back yard.
We would like to finish into:
1. Recreation room with wet bar (bottom left)
2. Guest bedroom (bottom right corner)
3. Full bath with shower (Above stairs)
4. Home theater (top left corner, this is the only space that would allow a tray ceiling that I want)
5. Exercise room/home recording studio (Top right corner)
We'd also like enough unfinished storage space for our clutters.
Attached is a hand-drawn sketch. I have a few dilemmas and would welcome your advice.
1. We want to have a large recreation space for my young kids and their friends, to hold at least a ping pong table and their toys, and to allow them to run around. But the bedroom (12x10) is currently blocking a big piece of that. We were debating whether we could make the bump out at the bottom (9x10) a bedroom. But with even a tiny closet, I'm not sure if it'll fit a bed comfortably. The idea of having a guest bedroom in the basement is mostly for resale value. My family isn't that big right now. But I obviously don't want future buyers to be turned off when they see an unusable bedroom.
2. If we keep the bedroom as drawn, what to do with the corner space of 9x9? The bedroom wall will block most of the light there. Leave it open as part of recreation? Build a wine cellar or a big closet?
3. What is the best spot for wet bar? I have a possible location marked in the sketch and the plumbing will be connected to the sewage line in the theater room.