Need shower design help - FAST

mominwaJanuary 16, 2007

We purchased a home in December and are doing some remodeling before we move in. We didn't have as much time as I would have liked to plan, but we are on a tight timeframe in order to get moved in and get rid of an extra mortgage. We had to move the laundry room out of the kitchen and decided to place it in an extra bedroom next to a bath. We decided to expand the bath while we are at it. We planned on a 2 person walk-in shower 3 x 6 with heads at either end. We were going to tile it and have a glass door, but I'm concerned about the tile door and bath entry door crashing into each other. A couple of options we've thought about is 1 - doorless with a 24" opening and glass block on either side, 2 - keep the glass door, but make it sliding rather than swinging, 3 - have the bathroom entry door open out, rather than in (my DH HATES this option). Would love to hear advice and/or other suggestions. We do not have anything framed on the shower wall next to the vanity, so we have flexibility. The plumber just completed the rough-in and the drywaller is coming next week - so we've got to make a decision and get things orderd.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cactusfreak

You could make the entrance door to the bathroom a pocket door. No chance of clashing into eachother.
I also would suggest puttin a bench in the shower at the end where the vanity is. since it is the largest space.

Bookmark   January 22, 2007 at 10:00PM
More Discussions
Minimum size for walk-in shower?
What is the minimum recommended size for a walk in...
uscroy
72 in vanity in a 77 inch space?
We have a small master bath that we are redoing. We...
katie111
need bathroom drain advice
Need advice. I am putting in a built in shower 3ft...
checkman123
Advice on how high to hang mirror?
My BR remodel is in the finishing touches stage, I...
shappy22
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
cloub
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™