metal grate floor

jbfjerseySeptember 9, 2008

When I was little I remember my grandparents having this metal grate flooring on their cellar floor. It wasn't a finished basement--just a place of storage and a workshop for my grandfather to tinker around in. My basement now gets puddles of water periodically so I don't think it can ever be finished. But a metal grate floor would be helpful in keeping items just enough off the floor that they won't get wet when the puddles come. I've googled it but all I get are either fancy metal floor returns or metal flooring for commercial/industrial application. I'm hoping someone on this forum has come across something like this in their "travels."

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_kaiser_gw

Can't say that I've seen anything like that but as you've discovered floor grating is available for commercial/industrial applications both in metal and plastic/resin. Unfortunately the stuff tends to kind of expensive.

Would DriCore work for your application?

Bookmark   September 13, 2008 at 7:33AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jbfjersey

I don't know. I kind of wanted something "open" to help get rid of the water quicker.

I'll investigate the industrial stuff a little more. And see if the DriCore would work.

Thanks.

Bookmark   September 16, 2008 at 9:04AM
More Discussions
Electrician on his way...
OK, we are in the beginning stages of wiring - and...
3ilovepie
Replacing Steel Column With Stud Wall?
I am interested in replacing a steel column with a...
atv_freak
Which drywall to use in the basement?
Hi, I am finishing a basement that is under the attached...
Vesh
1250sqft Basement heating question
This may be a crazy question as I have not found anything...
MCHammmer
Walkout Basement in Texas
Greetings to all! I have a sloping lot on Lake Conroe...
ZipAgent
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™