Anyone have experience with staining concrete?

dspenSeptember 20, 2012

Hi,

We are considering finishing our basement. It is a fairly new home. I like the looks of the stained concrete, however, my issue is how the finished product may look. There are several hairline cracks in the floor which would be patched before finishing. There is no issue of moisture, but I am concerned that the stain will look different on the original poured cement than it will on the cracks that will be patched.

If I understand correctly, there are several types of stain and would love to hear from anyone who has had experience with these products.

Does anyone have opinions on this?

Thanks so much

Diane

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vineyardflute

I've no experience with floor staining, but we use our basement ALOT and went with and epoxy floor which was troweled onto the concrete. It looks great and has wonderful durability. This may be another alternative for you to think about.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 10:45AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dspen

Thanks for your response vineyardflute.

We ued a similar product for our garage, but didnt have good luck with it. It peeled. But maybe a basement would not get the kind of abuse a garage does. We stuck with the proper preparation, but it still peeled. The product we used was rolled onto the cement, so maybe your product is different. I will look into it.

Thanks

Diane

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 12:12PM
More Discussions
Replacing Steel Column With Stud Wall?
I am interested in replacing a steel column with a...
atv_freak
Basement Plans Thoughts?
Hello, Planning to finishing my basement and hoping...
NYcRavi
Easier way to burst up concrete?
Since it seem I have to do some concrete busting work...
ravlegend
basement flooring - tile or finished concrete
we're planning a reno that will include expanding and...
lmgch
Flooring System over a basement
In my current house we used 16-18" deep floor...
AZN8TIV
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™