Finishing my basement

liftislifeSeptember 10, 2007

Hello everybody, this is my first post and I've been reading about everything redoing their basements. I am about to start actually getting the materials to finish my basement and I just wish to get to know the prices of certain things. First off I guess it'd help if I told you my intended design-

I have a 1200sq ft unfinished basement. I plan on turning the basement into 3 sections-

1. Gym

-I've always wanted my own home gym (not a small one, but a full out gym) and this is proving hardest of the 3 to calculate for. I want to be about 600 square feet. I'd like to have mirrors all over the walls (I can't find a quote for this?). I will have the floors covered in rubber mats ($950).

2. Poker Room

-Very simple, probably going to be 200 square feet. I'm est. the carpet to be around $200. I would like to have the bottom half the walls to be a nice-looking wood.

3. Sports Room

-I would like the Poker Room and Sports room to be the same room except divided by a little barrier (wall going to about your belly), with a opening to walk through. This room will be about 400 square feet and the walls I just want a nice looking wood. Carpeting again will be about $400 (according to quotes).

I would appreciate help with just simple price quotes based on your experiences. I do not believe I need to water-proof my basement (I believe it already is) but I will check on that. I will not be installing flooring, just laying down the carpet. Only the Sports Room and Poker Room will have drywall, I wish to put the mirrors directly on the wood (maybe on plywood?). How much do you think this will run me? I will be hiring out for electric, plumbing, and installing the carpet. Thank you, looking forward to working with you guys!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ron6519

In the range of 9-11K. I don't know what you're plumbing, it didn't make the summary
Ron

Bookmark   September 10, 2007 at 6:21PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
liftislife

Sorry, didn't mean to say plumbing.

Bookmark   September 11, 2007 at 1:50PM
More Discussions
Easier way to burst up concrete?
Since it seem I have to do some concrete busting work...
ravlegend
Which drywall to use in the basement?
Hi, I am finishing a basement that is under the attached...
Vesh
What to do with old cistern room?
The house I'm buying has a weird feature. There's a...
demeterchaos
Basement tile grout sweating
Hi Experts, We have a new house (1 year old, Hamilton,...
Joe Regular
water seeping through floor?
I have a finished walk out basement. After several...
abbey_cny
Sponsored Products
56 Inch Dual Bathroom Vanity Set
TheBathOutlet
Tom Dixon | Pressed Glass Pendant - Lens
$370.00 | YLighting
Monarch Specialties 8085BR Bonded Leather Swivel Glider Recliner in Dark Brown
Beyond Stores
Zenith Pelle Office Chair
| Italy Design
MURO Full Size Mirror by Blomus
$211.49 | Lumens