Water in garage

hlaura81December 10, 2003

I live in a very nice 4-plex, but have a landlord who is, to be nice, a jerk. Everything that goes wrong, he either does not want to fix, or tries to blame it on me. Well, here in Minnesota, we have a lot of snow! I am in and out of my garage all day long, and of course the car brings in snow on the tires. All of a sudden, the water is puddling badly-it is not going anywhere, and seems to settle at the left side of the garage. (My garage is in between two others.) This did not happen last winter. Is there something that I can do to clear out the water? It is getting very frustrating, and I thought I would try this before I tell him, and have deal with him.

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Sweep it out with a broom....or try leaving your car out until the "fender bergs" drop off and then drive into the garage.
Those with attached garages and a door leading directly into their house, learn that a cleaner garage means a cleaner house. Leave your car outside during the day as you run your errands....then put it in when you are home for the day.
Linda C

Bookmark   December 11, 2003 at 12:31AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Karissa

This is just a fact of life in northern climates. I kick off the clumps of salt and snow from under the wheel well before I pull into my garage.

Bookmark   December 16, 2003 at 7:13AM
More Discussions
music instrument playing?
I'm wondering whether or not to be worried about disturbing...
outofideas009
Running upstairs!!!!
Please someone help me...I need some advice!! At this...
Venus78k
Need help with a doorway partition
I just moved into a studio apartment and I'm looking...
sfliving
Temporary Housing
The post tell us fine information about the housing....
dayamrae138
Share your condo townhouse noise experiences...
I would like to know from those of you who have lived...
Mia_
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™