White glass piece found in the barn - can you tell me what it is?

kim0201April 3, 2011

Can you help me identify this glass object with a spout which I found in the barn? Thank you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mystery glass object

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kim0201

Well silly us - husband finally figured out it had something to do w/ a mixer and after more research, I answered my own question. It's a juicer accessory for a Sunbeam mixer which had belonged to his grandmother years ago.

Apologies for my unnecessary post. :) Back to more barn cleaning.

Bookmark   April 3, 2011 at 8:08PM
Fori is not pleased

I hope you can find the rest of the mixer!

Bookmark   April 4, 2011 at 11:11AM
sunnyca_gw

I have pic of 1 similar that has a juicer piece over the hole there in middle. It's shown in Jadite green with the mixer & it is really an old looking never used in box(they probably took 1 look & decided it was too scary to use!!) It has the black cord crossing right where handle is & base of mixer has a large cut out section at back of it. I can't see top part of your spout, this 1 is curved before the spout & spout has glass almost over top of it so liquid comes out the side close to top. I've seen Sunbeam ones at Antique Mall & they are a little newer than this model. I really like them tho. They had nice lines & very practical. My 5 yr old Sunbeam Mixmaster is a pain, hard to get beaters out, have to push in to get bowl out from under or if up have to push to get it in to position to mix. A real pain & hard on my poor fingers. Kitchenaid much easier to use. If you find the whole thing it will probably work great!! I think the juicer must go on sideways & bowl catches juice. I think you hold the half of citrus against the center part that is missing. Looks like center of a reamer.

Bookmark   April 5, 2011 at 1:50AM
kim0201

Thanks for the postings - No sign of the mixer or the other pieces to the juicer just yet but there is still a lot to look thru. Definitely will keep looking.

Thanks again.

Bookmark   April 5, 2011 at 6:05PM
More Discussions
Why isn't furniture selling?
I've been trying to sell this 45" diameter vintage...
debodun
Can anyone identify this nightstand?
This nightstand was my grandmas and was given to me...
Michael Potter
Need history of "Lister Woodcraft"
Trying to determine if this wooden candlestick is really...
bradleyd_svh
Mystery Lamp Company
Hello. I am trying to find out information about the...
debragcar
Haviland France Limoge Covered Veg. Bowl
I have a lovely Haviland veggie bowl here but I can't...
Llweyn
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™