Etched Cut Glass/Crystal Bowl

drtechsApril 14, 2010

Hello,

Can anyone please tell me if they know ANYTHING about this Bowl. It has a slight Olive Green tint to it, it stands 5-1/2" Tall and the Top Diameter measures 10" Across. The Bottom measures 5" across and has the Outer/Bottom Cuts which are 3" Long and are around the entire Bowls Bottom. On the Outside of the Bowl, on the side, it has an Etching of Leaves with the Stem, which also is around the entire Bowl. My Mother has owned this Beautiful Bowl for about 25 - 30 Years [or more as she is not exactly sure before this time mentioned]. ANY help with identifying this Bowl is GREATLY Appreciated in advance.

Thank You !!

URL to Pictures of Bowl:

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y340/drtechs/Moms/CUTGLASSBowlandPlatterSETBOTH.jpg

AND

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y340/drtechs/Moms/CUTGLASSBowlandPlatterSETBOTTOMBOWL.jpg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

The bowl and the plate are not a "set"...the pattern and the class are not the same.
I don't believe that the bowl is "cut glass" it's a bowl with a molded "cut style" pattern embellished with hand cut engravings.
I don't know the maker, but 1970 or so would be a good guesstimate as to time period.
It's very pretty and I'll bet it's lovely filled with berries.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   April 14, 2010 at 7:53PM
drtechs

I know the Platter is not the match. That was the only picture I had for this Bowl. There are no markings on it anywhere. Thanks For Your Time.

Bookmark   April 15, 2010 at 2:25AM
Fori is not pleased

My mom has a bowl that matches your platter. It was her grandmother's fruit bowl. Not that that helps you at all!

Bookmark   April 15, 2010 at 4:20PM
More Discussions
Ideas about this vase/bottle?
Hello! I recently discovered this great forum and am...
party_music50
Antique/Retro Fridge Loud Vibration noise
My retro 1946 Frigidaire fridge started making very...
Tina Jansen
Not sure what it is
Would like to restore this piece. Not sure of the age...
Hanna
Age of this brass "hog scraper" candle holder?
Any idea on the age of this brass "hog scraper"...
bradleyd_svh
Straw in dining chair cushions-- does this indicate a date?
Hi friends, I just bought a lovely antique dining table...
avaeia
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™