When is a complaint acceptable?

zapatistaDecember 30, 2010

I live in a high rise and I have some neighbors upstairs who make some noise. They do not blast music or a television, but they like to move furniture around. They tend to do it from late morning until nighttime, not too late. They also are stompers, and have a young girl who likes to run. They obviously have no carpeting down. The stomping is not continuous, but it can be quite loud. The running is not as loud, as the girl is smaller, and is also sporadic. I have been told everything from "You Need to go up there today and tell them to quit it." to "There's nothing you can do about the way they walk. Plus young children get antsy in apartments."

So what is the correct answer? I don't think they're rude people, although I don't know them. I know I am overly sensitive too, which is not their fault.

Any suggestions or experiences like this from anyone out there?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
westvillager

Always?

Bookmark   December 30, 2010 at 4:59PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
larke

Would you say the noise bothers you because you're being quiet and sort of listening, or is it even when you're occupied, which would mean it is likely too loud. Children are children and do have to live somewhere, but a carpet would help if you can either get management to tell them to put one in, or talk to them directly about it. But even if you're sensitive, you still have a right to reasonable enjoyment of your place, so think about both sides and go from there.

Bookmark   December 30, 2010 at 11:31PM
More Discussions
Bathroom decorating ideas
Hi! I just moved in to an older style apartment building,...
Apart-ster
Arranging the living room. Help needed.
Hi there, I am needing some help regarding the arrangement...
KarimT
Feeling Harassed by Downstairs Neighbors
My boyfriend and I moved into an older apartment complex...
storybrook
Buy 2,3 BHK Apartments in Amrapali Riverview Noida Extension
Amrapali group developed lots of successful projects...
Amrapali Riverview
Terrified of my apartment neighbor what can I do?
I am a university student in a small city. I live in...
lexichay
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™