Any experience with Bluestar 30' wall oven (s)?

zalmarkJanuary 28, 2012

Hoping to soon visit HQ in Reading Pa. to test 48" rangetop and view 30"oven. Dearth of reviews -especially with 30" wall oven(s).

Wondering if anyone has first hand experience... heat time & consistency?..how large of a turkey will it fit?....great beef roasts /baked goods? ...easy to clean?..construction quality?...service issues?

Love the french doors and that it is gas ( lost power on a holiday once too many times) assume it will still heat? Next stop instruction manual..

Worth the price???

Thanks in advance for your assistance. I am so thrilled to have found folks who are knowledgeable, experienced, and care to share!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stooxie

Hi Zalmark,

Only thing I can tell you is that it will NOT light without power. No modern oven will. Pilot lights have long since been replace with glow plugs.

-Stooxie

Bookmark   January 28, 2012 at 6:11PM
tyguy

Agree with stooxie, but will add that range top burners will still light. The reason an oven will not light is the appliance will not release the gas until the glowplug hits a certain temp. Range top burners realease gas as soon as the knob is turned and relies on a spark to ignight the gas. If power goes out, turn the knob, gas is released and a match or sparker will light it up.

Bookmark   January 28, 2012 at 10:54PM
llaatt22

Bertazonni ranges have at least some models with top burners and ovens that can be lit manually when the power is off (because the oven burner is similar in operation). Their wall ovens may not have that capability.

Bookmark   January 28, 2012 at 11:23PM
rwiegand

So is anyone here using a Bluestar wall oven? I'm now thinking seriously of it as an alternative, with either a bluestar or cc rangetop. Would love to hear feedback on the questions posed by the OP.

How is it recommended that you vent such a wall oven? (For better or worse, I produce big clouds of smoke from the oven as often as from the top burners). I don't think I want or can afford the space for a second big hood.

Bookmark   March 27, 2012 at 2:35PM
More Discussions
Can Viking refuse a refund on a range?
On a cobalt blue range and microwave actually. Both...
smtebo61
Need feedback on KOBE Range Hood
Hello! I'm looking at buying a KOBE range hood. The...
bblakeney
Miele Coffee Machine - CVA 6800 vs CVA 6401
The cva 6800 is m touch controls (swipe screen), CVA6401...
wcutiew
Noxious new oven smell ??
Our new Electrolux wave-touch double oven is wonderful,...
infohound2006
Wolf is increasing the BTUs on front burners
When I called the Wolf showroom in Atlanta, I was told...
charon70
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™