What professional do I contact?

wigardenerwannabeJuly 12, 2008

With all the rain we have been getting I have been getting water in my basement- primarily in one corner where there is a crack you can see, but enough that it is traveling across the basement to the drain on the opposite side. The house is 30 years old. Who would I contact to assess this? I suspect it has to do with either the driveway that is not in great shape...or the grading. What kind of professional does this kind of work? wig

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

First, you could start to narrow it down yourself. How about going outside with a garden hose. Keep it running right on the corner. If it does again come in at the crack, then you have confirmed it's the crack.

Next, you go in the yellow pages under "foundation repair" or "basement leak repair", etc. an choose someone to check it and do the repair. I've use the "crack team" franchise, that does "crack injection" to seal the cracks and was very pleased. There are others, also. BTW, the first crack repair could run around $500, plus or minus, with each addl one being less.

    Bookmark   July 19, 2008 at 3:35PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Mysterious Concrete Box in Basement
I am considering placing an offer on a house (built...
want to finish basement but very humid...
Have an unfinished basement. House built 2012. During...
How to re-do the stairs for my basement remodel
So I'm undergoing a simple remodel of a small basement....
making the crawl space more useful?
My house has a (vented) crawl space between 2 and 3'...
FG & Rim Joist Insulation --- HELP!!!
Help - My builder (doing a fire rebuild) wants to put...
Sponsored Products
Cobblestone Rug 2' x 3' - BEIGE
$99.00 | Horchow
Iannone Design | Trees Graphic Nightstand
Avanity Tropica 25" Bathroom Vanity with Countertop - Antique White
Modern Bathroom
Juno Trac-Lites 50 Watt GU10 Chrome Cast Cube Track Head
$35.95 | Lamps Plus
Moda Wave Chrome Six-Light 46-Inch Island Pendant with Royal Cut Jet Black Cryst
Progress Lighting Track Lighting Brushed Nickel 4 ft. Track Section P9104-09
$32.58 | Home Depot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™