Owens Corning Basement Systems-any feedback would be appreciated!

lisavsJuly 9, 2007

Hi everyone. I signed a contract just yesterday to have the Owens Corning basement system installed and I am nervous and having 2nd thoughts. Is it a good system; is it worth it; should I get it? Positives, negatives? I am worried that the panels may look dated after 10+ years. If you can share any experience you have it would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jasper60103

There is a long thread on this topic. See below.

Mostly negative responses about the product, price and sales tactics.

Sounds like you have time to cancel the contract. I would advise you do so immediately.

Here is a link that might be useful: Any comments on Owens Corning Basement Systems?

Bookmark   July 10, 2007 at 10:07AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
westsidewade

I was a subcontractor for Basement Experts / Owens Corning for years. Worked my but off for them.
Just a warning for those subs out there considering working for them, in the beginning they pull money from your checks as an insurance policy to make sure you guarantee your work for a year. I can understand that. But once the year passes with no call backs they are to return the money.
Its been 2 years and I still haven't seen my $700.00. Beware subs, they'll screw you the same way they do everyone else.

Bookmark   October 9, 2008 at 10:49AM
More Discussions
What to do with old cistern room?
The house I'm buying has a weird feature. There's a...
demeterchaos
basement flooring - tile or finished concrete
we're planning a reno that will include expanding and...
lmgch
Electrician on his way...
OK, we are in the beginning stages of wiring - and...
3ilovepie
1250sqft Basement heating question
This may be a crazy question as I have not found anything...
MCHammmer
Str'l Wood Floor + CrwlSpace vs Concrete Slab
Hello, We were discussing our plans with a builder...
Naween
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™