Permitting rq'd for waterproofing

eberkyJuly 25, 2007

I'm having a waterproofer install an interior drainage system (actual product is by Basement Systems). They will be replacing an existing sump pump and installing a dehumidification system (sani-dry).

My question is do I (or the contractor)need to obtain a building permit for this work? I've spoken to a licensed architect, a comercial contractor a building inspector from a different town (all of which say one thing) and another building inspector from my town (who says something else).

I just want to do the right thing. If anyone has any information or documentation, please let me know. I'm in the state of NJ.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It totally depends on the rules in your town and your state. In my town a permit would not be required for it unless it exceeded $2k in cost or electrical was being done or new plumbing added. If the work is a "re-do", a permit isn't required at all (such as a new roof).

Does your town have a website? This information might be available on there.

    Bookmark   July 28, 2007 at 1:36AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Easier way to burst up concrete?
Since it seem I have to do some concrete busting work...
Basement Plans Thoughts?
Hello, Planning to finishing my basement and hoping...
water seeping through floor?
I have a finished walk out basement. After several...
Walkout Basement in Texas
Greetings to all! I have a sloping lot on Lake Conroe...
Ductwork revisions
I am working on re-finishing a basement that was originally...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™