Help- Neighbors spray painting in garage above vents

hopfulinphillyNovember 18, 2006

I have some rude neighbors that live below me in a row home. They do a lot of things like play loud music, scream at each other, and rev their engines at late hours, and mostly I am OK with all that. But now they are working on a car in the garage, which is a shared space to do laundry. The problem is that they are spray painting it and it's right above our vents, so the fumes come into our apartment. We have tried putting towels over our vents, but the fumes still get through. Soon we will need to turn our heat on and will need the vents open. I feel like it is really rude and dangerous that they are doing it. We have talked to them about it, but they still do it. Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nfllifer

I would call your local building and saftey, or association. This is an extreamly dangerous situation. Yes the paint is bad BUT if someone just ran a car in the garage the CO2 could kill.

These tenants need to be delt with but the saftey issue is much worse. This is against building codes in my state.

Bookmark   November 20, 2006 at 2:33PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gammyt

Call the building inspector. This is a deadly situation. If paint fumes get into your apartment so does car fumes.

Bookmark   November 20, 2006 at 4:33PM
More Discussions
What is it with crazy people and parking spaces?
I live in an apartment otherwise known as the 'beehive'...
MassMitten
Need help with a doorway partition
I just moved into a studio apartment and I'm looking...
sfliving
Help with reducing noise
I live in a second floor apartment with my 5 year old...
erin277
fyi-spammer attack on gardenweb-don't click!
The spammers are out in full force today. Do not click...
dreamgarden
Feeling Harassed by Downstairs Neighbors
My boyfriend and I moved into an older apartment complex...
storybrook
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™