Whole house de-humidifiers

busboyJune 20, 2007

I am trying to research whole house de-humidifiers for a finished basement. Total area is about 2700 sq.ft. and space is a walkout basement. Have already installed a high eff. York AC with 2 speed and low tonnage to let it run longer but the basement does not loose enough heat to allow it to run long enough. Yes I do have some problems with the downspouts which have been corrected but I am going to have to get the RH down. Portable DH did help but it died so I am going to do it right. Aprilaire is the only one I have seen any literature on. Input invited!

Dave

(this is posted in AC/heat forum as well)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mikie_gw

You said 'whole house' but is it just for the basement ?
Might look at a portable or ducted unit from SantaFe .

Hightly thought of and usually recommended.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.thermastor.com/Residential-Dehumidification/

Bookmark   June 27, 2007 at 11:42PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
quip

This may sound odd, but it worked for us. YMMV. The humidity in our basement dropped after we had a radon remediation system installed. The system uses a fan to draw (moist, radon-laden) air from below the basement floor and out of the dwelling. Cracks were sealed with polyurethane caulk, and the sump pit was sealed. No longer needed, our dehumidifier was eventually donated to Goodwill. A radon remediation company could probably tell you if other customers have had experiences like ours.

Bookmark   July 7, 2007 at 9:00AM
More Discussions
upgrade R11 to R13 insulation in basement?
We are in the process of remodeling our basement. We...
Desirun2
Spray foam basement band joists
I just had an energy audit and one thing they recommended...
mkrafczyk
FG & Rim Joist Insulation --- HELP!!!
Help - My builder (doing a fire rebuild) wants to put...
mdln
Walk-out basement design
Building a house in western Massachusetts -- it will...
Artemis_MA
Which drywall to use in the basement?
Hi, I am finishing a basement that is under the attached...
Vesh
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™