Advice selling antique dining room set

wjschmitzApril 20, 2012

I have a 1910-17 walnut dining set made by the Crocker Chair Company. It has been in my family since 1917. My wife and I have had it for the past 21 years, but we would like to redecorate and no one else in the family wants it.

It is a nice looking table 45x60" with five leaves that will expand it to 120". It also has six chairs and a matching buffet.

I found an old catalog page that shows the table and buffet, but the chairs are different than shown as it is from a slightly later generation:

http://images.library.wisc.edu/WI/EFacs/SheboyganLocHist/SheCrock1924/M/0012.jpg

I have no idea how much it is worth, or how to even begin getting it appraised or sold. Any help or suggestions? For what it is worth, we live in Woodbury, MN just east of St. Paul.

Thanks,

Bill

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cassandra

I'm in the Twin Cities and just bought an antique set on Craigslist for $800. If I were you I'd haunt the Craigslist antique and furniture sections for awhile to get a sense of what is there and what price. There are actually a lot of 20s-30s formal walnut sets, and whether or not they sell for a good price--or sell at all--depends, I'd think, on getting the right buyer. Good luck.

Bookmark   April 22, 2012 at 6:14AM
More Discussions
Trying to ID style of decoration on this 19th century table
This table (called a "plant stand" by the...
jacqueline9CA
Assistance regarding Lofisa Porcelain
Can anyone shed some light on this piece? I bought...
imaztribabe
walnut panel
Hi Everyone, I bought this 30" piece at an auction...
sam_md
Haviland France Limoge Covered Veg. Bowl
I have a lovely Haviland veggie bowl here but I can't...
Llweyn
Why isn't furniture selling?
I've been trying to sell this 45" diameter vintage...
debodun
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™