Advice selling antique dining room set

wjschmitzApril 20, 2012

I have a 1910-17 walnut dining set made by the Crocker Chair Company. It has been in my family since 1917. My wife and I have had it for the past 21 years, but we would like to redecorate and no one else in the family wants it.

It is a nice looking table 45x60" with five leaves that will expand it to 120". It also has six chairs and a matching buffet.

I found an old catalog page that shows the table and buffet, but the chairs are different than shown as it is from a slightly later generation:

http://images.library.wisc.edu/WI/EFacs/SheboyganLocHist/SheCrock1924/M/0012.jpg

I have no idea how much it is worth, or how to even begin getting it appraised or sold. Any help or suggestions? For what it is worth, we live in Woodbury, MN just east of St. Paul.

Thanks,

Bill

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cassandra

I'm in the Twin Cities and just bought an antique set on Craigslist for $800. If I were you I'd haunt the Craigslist antique and furniture sections for awhile to get a sense of what is there and what price. There are actually a lot of 20s-30s formal walnut sets, and whether or not they sell for a good price--or sell at all--depends, I'd think, on getting the right buyer. Good luck.

Bookmark   April 22, 2012 at 6:14AM
More Discussions
Need help identifying blue bowl
Does anyone recognize this maker's mark? It is on the...
SFQ54
Walnut Art Nouvaux Sideboard Advice Needed
Howdy, First post from a long-time lurker. We purchased...
markwingalls
camelback sofa
Hello there - could anyone help me to identify the...
jerome_shorter
Home Design Show in NYC
click to win tickets http://www.architecturaldigest.com/win-adhds-tickets...
ami1026
Rosenthal China Pattern?
I stumbled upon this fine china bowl by Rosenthal,...
lana_roma
Sponsored Products
Custom Abbie Accent Chair
Home Decorators Collection
Crystorama Royal Chandelier - 20W in. Florentine Bronze & Golden Teak - 6904-FB-
$550.00 | Hayneedle
White Table Lamps: Designer Collection 22 in. White Table Lamp with Fabric Shade
Home Depot
Fresca Ovale Modern Glass Bathroom Vanity w/ Frosted Edge Mirror
DecorPlanet.com
Double Table Leather Sectional
Opulent Items
White Vase-shaped Beige Fabric Shade Indoor Table Lamp
ParrotUncle
Eastwood Ottoman - Key Largo Pumice Beige
Joybird Furniture
Green Ceramic Lamp: 28 in. Apple Green Table Lamp 6202GN
$93.73 | Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for: