Ambivalent about moving?
Sorry, this is long:(..I have to move, I know that. I have given my notice and I gave the new place my deposit and I'm all set to move in a week...the thing is....well. Here are my reasons to move or not to move.
reasons not to move:
1. I have a townhouse-and it feels like a home because there is no one below or above me, just only on the two side walls and wall behind me.
2. The townhouse is brand new-no one has ever lived here except me. The appliances are new and the kitchen is large and spacious with a center island and the floor is Pergo.
3. We have three bedrooms-but, my two boys share a room, so we only use two.
3. Kids love the town here--have very good friends that they hate to leave.
Reasons to move:
1. The management has a vendetta against me here. They will not renew my lease. They have gotten complaints, but I have explained it's from one person who I've had to fight in court once and will have to face in court again--she's lost the first time. She has been the ONLY one to complain and I've been living here 16 months. They will keep me on a lease to lease-that's the best they can do according to management. They say they have been scared because she had her attorney send them a threatening letter due to the supposed noise coming from my apartment.
2. I HATE going up the three levels of stairs in my townhouse. The bedrooms are on the top level and the washer and dryer is on the bottom level--my legs constantly ache from the stairs. I would like to transfer to a one level apt here, but they are making it hard for me.
3. The new place that I'm going to has beach weather year round. No more 100d. temps in the summer--I absolutely HATE the weather 6 months out of a year where I'm presently at.
4. I'm going to a ground floor one level apt. with brand new carpet and new paint. But, I guess I will have to deal with neighbors living above me, if they are noisy, and I dont' have to deal with that in the townhouse. But, there is other kinds of disturbances--in particular, one neighbor directly across from me who comes out on his balcony and harks and spits at all hours of the night and morning. Management will not do anything about him, despite numerous complaints. This is due, no doubt to the fact, that the manager wants me out.
Any opinions from anyone on what you would do in my situation?