top level unit or middle unit better?

jgordonOctober 7, 2006

Hello, I am moving to my second apartment, and there is a top level unit(5th floor) available as well as a third floor unit. I currently live in a two story apartment building and live on the top floor. I have never had the experience of people walking above me, and I am weary of this due to some of the stories I have heard of. Which is the better choice, a top level unit or a middle level unit? (The complex has dual elevators in each building)Thanks for any suggestions

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tobszanski

As someone who currently has "Stompy" and "Thumper" living over my head, go for the top floor unit, especially since the building has elevators!

I'm moving to a townhouse next month specifically because I don't want people living over my head anymore.

Bookmark   October 8, 2006 at 7:49AM
patti43

I'd go for the top since there's an elevator. When I was young I lived in an apartment with hardwood floors. It was hard to sleep in on Saturday morning when the two-year old above us like to wear his mama's high heels in the bedroom above us. (Especially after we'd partied the night before!)

Bookmark   October 8, 2006 at 3:28PM
luxum

Once i didn't go for the top level and i regretted it for the entire term of the lease. Top level all the way.

Bookmark   October 8, 2006 at 5:15PM
More Discussions
Temporary Housing
The post tell us fine information about the housing....
dayamrae138
3 mentally ill roommates and a baby, what to do?
I live in a small 1 bedroom apartment with 2 other...
valiumplz
Finding apartment in Cary NC?
Hi, I am a single mom of two moving into Cary NC area...
aaaaaaaa
fyi-spammer attack on gardenweb-don't click!
The spammers are out in full force today. Do not click...
dreamgarden
Need help with a doorway partition
I just moved into a studio apartment and I'm looking...
sfliving
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™