A bIll after I have Moved Out

goweOctober 5, 2009

I received a bill of $657 after I moved out from my apartment complex. They kept my $200 deposit, so now I owe $457. I dropped some wine on the carpet, but they are also charging me for some damages that I requested to be changed in the past such as the broken drawer. What should I do?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

If you have proof that something was broken when you moved in, such as the drawer, make a copy and send it to the management.

Did you do a walk-through with someone before you left the apartment? Did you take pictures of how things looked?

I'm sorry to say that if you can't prove the damage was in the apartment before you moved in, you may have to pay the bill. I'd try contesting the things that you are sure of, like the drawer, and paying for the damage that you know you caused, like the wine on the carpet, right away. You may get lucky and they may reduce the bill.

    Bookmark   October 7, 2009 at 9:44AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Moth problem..Help please.....
Allright I have had a moth problem for about 5 maybe...
Apartment vs Individual home
Which one do all people likes to stay in an Apartment...
Running upstairs!!!!
Please someone help me...I need some advice!! At this...
How common are door notes for communicating with tenants?
Is it legal for an apartment manager to put paper notes...
Arranging the living room. Help needed.
Hi there, I am needing some help regarding the arrangement...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™