Is there an otr microwave that does not vent through front/top?

bradespJanuary 14, 2014

Guys/Gals,

We're building a custom "niche" in our cabinets to accommodate an Over The Range Microwave that sits "flush" into the wall cabinets... Here's the rub (no pun intended)... most of the OTR microwaves seemed to be designed with venting for the regular microwave operation on the top front 1" of the unit...

Obviously with this venting locating, we can't push the microwave back flush with the surrounding cabinetry, otherwise we will block the vent that sits on top right next to the door opening....

What I'm wonder is this... the underside of the microwave is completely "open"... I've looked online, but it's near impossible to tell if there's a unit made by any mauf that actually allows you to vent the microwave exhaust out the bottom of the unit.

Does such a thing exist?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
xc60

I believe the Miele microwave might work, we have owned one and its a great built-in microwave. It does not vent out bottom though.

Oops- sorry missed the OTR part of your post.

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele Microwave

This post was edited by xc60 on Tue, Jan 14, 14 at 15:09

Bookmark   January 14, 2014 at 3:06PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

If you are just using it as a faux built in MW, and you aren't using it as a vent, you just don't turn on the vent. So, it doesn't matter where the air comes out and it never sucks the air in.

If you are using the MW as a vent, then it hooks up to a vent pipe, and again, you needn't worry about where the air goes as it goes out the vent.

If you are using the OTR to recirculate over a range, then after telling you that there are MUCH MUCH better choices, I'd tell you too look at one with a front vent as opposed to a top vent. Most of the lower cost models vent out the front, not the top.

Bookmark   January 14, 2014 at 3:12PM
More Discussions
Can a Whirpool wrs342fiab00 Refrigerator use water filter bypass ?
I have an undersink filter connected to this fridge,...
edge
BlueStar Refrigerators
Anyone taken a look at the new BS refrigerators? If...
Mistman
best supplier of Kobe hoods in Canada? (canadianappliance.ca?)
Can anyone recommend a better source for this range...
feisty68
How much can a Wolf rangetop be changed?
I have a late 1970's propane 36 inch 6 burner Wolf...
deepdrop
Any Wolf gurus in the house - clicking burners
Since Week 3 of owning our Wolf DF304 stove, we have...
chefwong
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™