Co-op Boards

pabannaOctober 16, 2003

I'm looking for some advice from co-op dwellers out there. We went into contract to purchase a 2br coop, and my application was submitted 5 weeks ago. The board had since come back to us with a list of questions, which I promptly answered with supporting documentation. (This was a week and a half ago.)

I just realized that my mortgage rate expires in about 2 weeks, and it is highly unlikely that we would close before then.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SummerBreezeNY

I owned a co-op once. Sold it 3 years ago and now "unfortunately" rent. I would suggest posting this question to "Home Buying" boards. Other than that maybe you could call the management office at the co-op and explain this to them. Maybe can direct you.

Bookmark   October 17, 2003 at 8:37AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
talley_sue_nyc

I live in a co-op that's self-managed, and I know that since all the work is done by the residents of the building, sometimes stuff takes a little while.

Contact the co-op board and tell them that you need to get moving, and what can they do? Also alert your seller to your potential problem.

And check w/ your lawyer--Does your contract have some sort of time clause, so can you cancel the entire contract if the delay makes you lose your rate lock? This would be a wise clause no matter what sort of home you're buying, but it is especially important w/ co-ops because there are a LOT more moving parts. Not that this helps you now.

And of course check w/ your lender to see what sort of new rate you could get--it may not make a huge difference, and that would influence how worried you feel, and what sort of resolution you push for.

Bookmark   October 17, 2003 at 9:47AM
More Discussions
Found these bugs in my apartment , please identify
Found a bunch of these bugs in my apartment and am...
iamcorymorgan
Lawn Mowers/Leaf Blowers
I rent the top floor of a two-family home in a nice...
lynwell42
How common are door notes for communicating with tenants?
Is it legal for an apartment manager to put paper notes...
Jck507
Running upstairs!!!!
Please someone help me...I need some advice!! At this...
Venus78k
Apartment Owners from H**L
We live in the east in a gated apartment complex owned...
pink_warm_mama_1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™