Did you paint your block wall or drywall it?

twalkmanJune 29, 2007

Are you happy with the results?

I'm making this decision now with a home office room I'm building in our basement.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Gina_W

We were undecided, then quickly decided to drywall and insulate it - good call - it's beautiful. All painted and the flooring is going in today. I thought it might take up precious space, but now I don't notice. It looks big to me.

Bookmark   July 12, 2007 at 6:42PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
artemiss

I did both, depending on the use and the look of the room I was planning. In the rooms that had some block wall remaining: the gym, the block walls were painted to match the adjoining sheetrocked walls; the block portion of the stairway wall I faux painted to look like fieldstone or beach rock; the wine cellar room has one cinderblock wall faux painted to look like limestone. This was fun for me to do (I am an artist by profession) and made these rooms look entirely different than the rooms on the main floor.

On the other hand, choosing to install drywall gives a higher level finish IMO, and makes the basement look more like the upstairs. Our basement media room and office were drywalled and painted and they look as good or 'formal' as the rest of the house.

Bookmark   July 21, 2007 at 10:44AM
More Discussions
Easier way to burst up concrete?
Since it seem I have to do some concrete busting work...
ravlegend
Spray foam basement band joists
I just had an energy audit and one thing they recommended...
mkrafczyk
basement flooring - tile or finished concrete
we're planning a reno that will include expanding and...
lmgch
Ductwork through joist question
Hi, I know this is possibly controversial...I understand...
NYcRavi
Flooring System over a basement
In my current house we used 16-18" deep floor...
AZN8TIV
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™