wet basement solution - what do i ask

phillyhirstMay 5, 2008

Ugh, I have a water problem in my basement - some localized seepage - enuf to warrant taking steps. (called township, they say with all the construction in area,over time water table can change). I am obtaining estimates to see what type of solution is recommended. This type of work has a reputation for high cost and rip off. I am checking the state for complaints and Better Business Bureau. I know to get at least 3 estimates, I know to ask if they do their own work or sub contract out. Any one have any experience, recommendations, questions I should ask? I'm listening.................

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phillyhirst

Home in central NJ, estimates sched with Vulcan and Quality First. Looking at Sal Mendola. Anyone with long term success after having work done with any co? (no mid-atlantic)

Bookmark   May 5, 2008 at 5:05PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wtrprfr

Their are basicly 2 approaches to dealing with water issues in basements outside or inside. Inside water control systems utilize drainage under the floor and directs the water to a sump pump. Outside waterproofing keeps the water out all together. Most companies in the water proofing business offer one solution, and of course whatever solution they do will be presented as the best one for you. I don't work in NJ so I am not being self serving, but the sight linked below will help prepare you for your estimates.

Here is a link that might be useful: Integrity Waterproofing

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 3:53PM
More Discussions
FG & Rim Joist Insulation --- HELP!!!
Help - My builder (doing a fire rebuild) wants to put...
mdln
Walkout Basement in Texas
Greetings to all! I have a sloping lot on Lake Conroe...
ZipAgent
basement flooring - tile or finished concrete
we're planning a reno that will include expanding and...
lmgch
Str'l Wood Floor + CrwlSpace vs Concrete Slab
Hello, We were discussing our plans with a builder...
Naween
water seeping through floor?
I have a finished walk out basement. After several...
abbey_cny
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™