carrara marble bathroom floor -- am i crazy?

fausta76May 29, 2008

We are currently ordering the tiles for our master bathroom. We fell in love with the look of carrara marble and plan on doing polished tile on the walls and honed on the bathroom floor. While I'm very convinced that I will love how it looks, I'm questioning how practical it is for our growing family (two year old currently being potty trained! with more children hopefully on the way).

I know that it is a softer marble and therefore will scratch easily - but I'm really concerned on cleaning. I like to be able to disinfect and clean easily (right now I use clorox wipes on our porcelain tile and they are great for quick cleanups). What do you use to clean this marble? Is it easily stained? Would you sacrifice the beauty for more practicality?

Help! We plan on ordering these tiles tonight......

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
worthy

I used bianca carrera for the master on two of my own homes, including walls, and on a main bath. To keep it sparkling, it needs to be professionally cleaned and buffed every few years. I didn't and it looked the worse for wear when we sold the home after six years.

Be sure to wipe up bodily waste stains immediately or they will quickly eat into the marble.

Bookmark   June 5, 2008 at 4:24PM
More Discussions
Ductwork through joist question
Hi, I know this is possibly controversial...I understand...
NYcRavi
How to re-do the stairs for my basement remodel
So I'm undergoing a simple remodel of a small basement....
phiwwy
Walkout Basement in Texas
Greetings to all! I have a sloping lot on Lake Conroe...
ZipAgent
Adding toilet to basement
We are adding a half bath to our basement when we start...
Seamer1
want to finish basement but very humid...
Have an unfinished basement. House built 2012. During...
nadine33
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™