House to Condo

Jon_1October 8, 2011

My wife and I parted ways three years ago and our divorce was final a bit over two years ago. For our thirty of marriage we lived in our own house. Early on we lived in an apartment, but it's been a long time. When we were first separated, I moved into an apartment, but didn't like it and found another one. Then I decided to take cash and by a condo. It's a small one-bedroom which I totally gutted and remodeled. I'm sure it's worth much less than what I paid for with this economy. But when I bought it, I told myself that this would be my final move until assisted living. It's taken three years to get used to living in such small quarters, though living alone, I don't need much space, and it took a very long while for it to feel like "home". But now I love the place and wouldn't want to leave. I was wondering if anyone else has transitioned from living in a house to an apartment or condo and what your experience has been.

-Jon

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dalepar

My partner and I have lived in a number of houses, many fairly small. The last house was a bigger house, 3200 sq ft and we had done a lot of remodeling over the years and had it the way we wanted it. Well, he has wanted to move to a high rise condo for the last number of years. After the dogs died, he decided we were moving. I was reluctant at first, but we did find a great condo on the 24th floor of a great building. The condo was two years old when we bought it. It is under 1600 sq ft. I could not be happier. I miss some things about the house, but not much. I love the change and would not move back.

DP

Bookmark   October 9, 2011 at 1:23AM
More Discussions
music instrument playing?
I'm wondering whether or not to be worried about disturbing...
outofideas009
Feeling Harassed by Downstairs Neighbors
My boyfriend and I moved into an older apartment complex...
storybrook
Share your condo townhouse noise experiences...
I would like to know from those of you who have lived...
Mia_
3 mentally ill roommates and a baby, what to do?
I live in a small 1 bedroom apartment with 2 other...
valiumplz
Does anyone actually like living in an apartment?
In addition to the noise I've just posted about, another...
alllen
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™