Flea's in Apartment

hughnewmanSeptember 27, 2007

Hi,

I cat sitted for a friend about a week ago and now I have flea's in my apartment, I bought Fogger but I did not know if it was safe to set the fogger off in the apartment. Also should I un-plug the smoke detectors??

Thanks,

Hugh

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gammyt

For foggers yes unplug smoke dectectors. You don't need a fogger though. IF you have fleas the cat was short time visitor.

Vacume really good, throw the bag away even if it isn't full and walla. Without the cat there the fleas you might have missed with the vacume will die in a week.

IF you use the fogger, take all food out of the house. If you have kids take their toys out of the house too. If you don't move them out plan on washing all dishes and everything that might touch food or anything a child might put in their mouth.

Bookmark   September 28, 2007 at 8:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bud_wi

Fleas won't just get bored and die. You have to kill them.

You do not have to use a fogger. You can use sprays. Foggers can be dangerous to use. Make sure you use one with an IGR. I recommend Precor. You want something that will kill fleas at all stages of their life cycle. You can order sprays online or get them through a vet. I do not recommend the stuff sold in the stores. In the beginning you must keep spraying on a regular schedule as eggs will be hatching. Vacuuming won't get all the eggs no matter how good of a job you do.

Do a search here, especially in the *Pet Forum* for advice on getting rid of fleas. There id lots and lots of good detailed advice. You must tackle the problem NOW before it gets out of hand. When you vacuum you do not have to throw the bag out every time. Just spray it with Precor.

http://www.pestproducts.com/indoorfleaspray.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: Flea Control

Bookmark   September 28, 2007 at 10:59PM
More Discussions
Arranging the living room. Help needed.
Hi there, I am needing some help regarding the arrangement...
KarimT
Does anyone actually like living in an apartment?
In addition to the noise I've just posted about, another...
alllen
Noise disputes: can managers forbid tenants from conversing?
I'm having random noise problems with a downstairs...
Jck507
Moth problem..Help please.....
Allright I have had a moth problem for about 5 maybe...
lucidmike
3 mentally ill roommates and a baby, what to do?
I live in a small 1 bedroom apartment with 2 other...
valiumplz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™