Should I request new carpet with our situation or no?

Colefamily5September 19, 2013

Hi. I am new here and this is my 1st question on the forum, I love reading everything on here! here it goes:
Ok, so we have been waiting to move to a bigger apartment, and thank God the door opened, however, they refused to put new carpet in. The people who lived in there before us had a dog and a cat, and my kids and I have dander allergies. Question is, is this going to be okay with just them shampooing it? They just did...or should I press for new carpet? Would it be an issue with something underneath the carpet? or should I hire a company to do a deep cleaning with special solution for it? I know the people here only used a regular shampooer, it wasn't a deep clean. Does the cat and dog urine go through and "stay" there? I have a baby who's going to be crawling soon, the though of him on there grosses me out. I went in there today, the carpet "looks" like new, but is this enough?? please help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christine1950

I would hire a good company to do the deep cleaning for you, if there is urine that has soaked down to the sub floor you will eventually smell it once winter sets in and the apartment is closed up, then you can press the landlord for new carpeting.
I would also set off a few flea & tick bombs just to be on the safe side.
Christine

Bookmark   September 20, 2013 at 8:50AM
More Discussions
What is it with crazy people and parking spaces?
I live in an apartment otherwise known as the 'beehive'...
MassMitten
music instrument playing?
I'm wondering whether or not to be worried about disturbing...
outofideas009
Help with reducing noise
I live in a second floor apartment with my 5 year old...
erin277
Apartment vs Individual home
Which one do all people likes to stay in an Apartment...
kushy28
fyi-spammer attack on gardenweb-don't click!
The spammers are out in full force today. Do not click...
dreamgarden
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™