What are these items

Katrinka_FidoMarch 21, 2011

These were found in my mothers estate. The brass gloved hand one is 13 inches tall with a 3 1/2 inch base. The hands are stationary on the center post but they open like clothes pins to hold something. The acorn topped one is 11 inches tall and 4 inch base. The 3 top 'things' open also. What are they called, use and age please? Thank you in advance for any info.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I don't think they are "old"....but are guest towel holders from maybe 1970 or so?
You sat the brass things on the vanity in your guest room and the clip held a guest towel.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: towel holders

    Bookmark   March 21, 2011 at 8:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I have one like in the photo lindac has in her post.I bought it new about 10 years ago from a local gift shop.

    Bookmark   March 22, 2011 at 3:01AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Re-posted pics. Cuz noticed difference in gloved hand towel holder than pic in LindaC post (no rings on outside of gloves, design on glove edge different). Does anyone have info on acorn topped holder? Acorn one is very solid (heavy) for size, JAPAN stamped on bottom. Both wrapped in newspaper from August 1967. Do you still think fm 70's?

    Bookmark   March 24, 2011 at 8:48PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
W H Grindley Satin White
Can someone help me to identify the pattern? The stamp...
Name on artwork
I just got this photo today, have you ever hear of...
Need help identifying blue bowl
Does anyone recognize this maker's mark? It is on the...
help identifying antique table
I found this table at an estate sale for 45 dollars....
Picture frames?
I f i open the back of old pictures frames, dose it...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™