Washer recommendation? Top loader

linnea56January 23, 2014

After 27 my washer finally bit the dust (not a typo: 27 years for this ordinary GE washer. It was fixed once in its first year, and never again.) The snubbers that balance the tub just wore out. It still washes just fine: but someone has to sit on it while it spins. :)

I know appliances have changed a lot in the interim. We are looking for a basic top loader with regular and permanent press settings. We are empty nesters now, so don't need a huge capacity. I'd rather not wait to have a load full.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rrah

Yes, they have changed a lot in 27 years. For basic toploaders, or even HE toploaders, I always recommend Kenmore brands. I've always been happy with them. First one lasted 17 years, but it was moved twice. After the second move it was never the same. I know have a Kenmore HE toploader. 6-7 years old and no problems. I wanted an HE this time because we are now on septic.

Bookmark   January 23, 2014 at 2:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
laundryvet

Traditional top load, consider Speed Queen. Quite a few positive reviews. Money no object? Miele front load gets a lot of love at this forum. Go to the Laundry Room link for washer/dryer forums.

Laundryvet

Bookmark   January 23, 2014 at 7:44PM
More Discussions
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
Increased price for high end appliances
Hi All, Sorry for the long post - I'm getting incredibly...
loveumms
New Bertazzoni Induction Range?
I just saw a press release from Bertazzoni about a...
anyajg
American Range? Buyer Beware!
It is with big frustration that I am reporting an unacceptable...
foodiefrog
My GC thinks I need 1000 cfm and I think he's crazy
So I actually don't think he's crazy and he's right...
crl_
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™