Wolf oven problem

palomalouJanuary 27, 2013

I think I have a problem with my oven in a Wolf all gas. Had it for 8 years with nary a problem, but now when I bake the oven makes a reasonably loud "whoosh" pretty often. I'm presuming that is when it does its restart which it must have to do to keep to oven even. It has always made a sound then, but MUCH more quietly. It scares me to the point that until it is looked at, I won't bake in the gas. Mercifully, there is an electric wall oven I can use. But has anyone else had this problem?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jolb57

Hi Actually was not looking for it but found a complant filed with a governmental agency.http://www.saferproducts.gov/ViewIncident/1195027
Please read

Bookmark   January 27, 2013 at 7:06PM
gayl

I have had my Wolf AG for a little over a year. It makes a really loud Whoosh sound when it first starts up, but not so much after that. Is the first start up usually really loud?

Bookmark   January 27, 2013 at 7:51PM
wekick

You are doing the right thing to have it looked at. I had a similar thing with another oven once and I think it was an ignitor(or glow plug) that was bad, easily replaced---but that might have nothing to do with what is wrong with yours!

Bookmark   January 27, 2013 at 8:19PM
Jumpilotmdm

I recently repaired a similar problem in a viking range [gas] about the same age. The burners were deteriorated near the ignitor. T'was a simple fix to replace the burners.

Good luck.

Bookmark   January 27, 2013 at 8:46PM
palomalou

Range was repaired today. It needed a new burner and ignitor and a pipe replaced. DH handled the repairman so I am not sure what the "pipe" was, but all is now well. Not too bad: two visits (diagnosing, then fixing), $335.

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 7:52PM
More Discussions
Best duel fuel range
If you wanted duel fuel which would you go for?
nismo99
Replacing slide in range with range top
Would like to remove current stove/oven and install...
itsmekelli
Single Electric Wall Oven: WHY is it so hard to find a good one?
Hi everyone! We are finally WELL underway with our...
lovelylinguist
Need A New Keurig - Suggestions?
Our Keurig at the lake bit the dust. The single cup...
amck2
Fisher Paykel Dishwasher Drawers-do you have them?
I am in need of guidance. From what I can gather, it's...
beekeeperswife
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™