Cut/Etched Bowl ID Help Please!

angelicanangMarch 8, 2010

Hi! I collect EAPG and etched depression glass and don't have a problem ID'ing them. This bowl, I've been going round and round trying to figure out what I bought! LOL I'm in a glass discussion group, posted pics there but no one recognized the blank (unfortunately). I'm at a loss and I'm hoping someone here might be able to help steer me in the right direction so I can finally solve this mystery!

When tapped it sounds like it is crystal. It has a polished pontil, which I've learned means it is a "quality" piece. It stands 5" tall, is 8" across the rim and the base is 4-1/2". The blank is 3/16" thick and the pattern feels cut into the blank. The cutting ranges from a dimpled feeling to deep cuts for the stems, flower cents and the blades of grass. There is wear on the base and I can find no signature. There is the number 1145 etched on the outer edge of the base.

I apologize for the pics! It's over cast and raining here. I've shopped them so you have hopefully have a good look at the pattern. I didn't see any mention on file size for pics so hopefully mine will be fine. I've recently stepped up from economy, 640 x 480, to 1280 x 960 so hopefully they won't be too big. That is when I can figure out how to post them! LOL and ggrrr all at the same time. I went to the test forum before I wrote this and there was an upload image button there but not here. So, how do I post pics? LOL

Any ideas or information would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks a lot! Have a good evening!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

First of all find a hosting site...like photobucket or tiny pics then up load there and follow the directions.
Can't wait to see the pictures....have you looked in the Kamm books and the Metz books for the pattern?
Linda C

Bookmark   March 8, 2010 at 4:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karinl

paste the HTML code from photobucket into the body of your message here. When you hit Preview message, the photos should appear.
KarinL

Bookmark   March 9, 2010 at 6:27PM
More Discussions
Antique Bell evaluation
Hi, I have this antique bell. Can anyone tell me what...
Shay Yakobi
W H Grindley Satin White
Can someone help me to identify the pattern? The stamp...
TulipWoolf
walnut panel
Hi Everyone, I bought this 30" piece at an auction...
sam_md
Vase no marks new or old ?
I have this vase with no mark at bottom, it's real...
Dones
name on vase
Have any one seen this name before on a small vase,...
Dones
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™