Cut/Etched Bowl ID Help Please!

angelicanangMarch 8, 2010

Hi! I collect EAPG and etched depression glass and don't have a problem ID'ing them. This bowl, I've been going round and round trying to figure out what I bought! LOL I'm in a glass discussion group, posted pics there but no one recognized the blank (unfortunately). I'm at a loss and I'm hoping someone here might be able to help steer me in the right direction so I can finally solve this mystery!

When tapped it sounds like it is crystal. It has a polished pontil, which I've learned means it is a "quality" piece. It stands 5" tall, is 8" across the rim and the base is 4-1/2". The blank is 3/16" thick and the pattern feels cut into the blank. The cutting ranges from a dimpled feeling to deep cuts for the stems, flower cents and the blades of grass. There is wear on the base and I can find no signature. There is the number 1145 etched on the outer edge of the base.

I apologize for the pics! It's over cast and raining here. I've shopped them so you have hopefully have a good look at the pattern. I didn't see any mention on file size for pics so hopefully mine will be fine. I've recently stepped up from economy, 640 x 480, to 1280 x 960 so hopefully they won't be too big. That is when I can figure out how to post them! LOL and ggrrr all at the same time. I went to the test forum before I wrote this and there was an upload image button there but not here. So, how do I post pics? LOL

Any ideas or information would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks a lot! Have a good evening!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

First of all find a hosting site...like photobucket or tiny pics then up load there and follow the directions.
Can't wait to see the pictures....have you looked in the Kamm books and the Metz books for the pattern?
Linda C

Bookmark   March 8, 2010 at 4:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karinl

paste the HTML code from photobucket into the body of your message here. When you hit Preview message, the photos should appear.
KarinL

Bookmark   March 9, 2010 at 6:27PM
More Discussions
Not sure what it is
Would like to restore this piece. Not sure of the age...
Hanna
Help with print
Have some one seen this name on artwork or know of...
Dones
Radio /turntable
Hi, I was given this radio/turntable and wish to know...
koolkat62
Rosenthal China Pattern?
I stumbled upon this fine china bowl by Rosenthal,...
lana_roma
Home Design Show in NYC
click to win tickets http://www.architecturaldigest.com/win-adhds-tickets...
ami1026
Sponsored Products
Granite Peak Cleo 16" Wide Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Atelier Cimarron Bronze Four Light Pendant
Bellacor
Beige Quartz Composite 50/50 Double Bowl Undermount Kitchen Sink - 33-1/16 x 18-
eModern Decor
SlateTile and Faux Wood Firebowl
Overstock.com
Sunnydaze Terracotta Cascade Solar Fountain, 21 Inch Tall
SerenityHealth
Liberty Creek Collection Leather Bergere Chair - FOREST GREEN
$3,899.00 | Horchow
Tom Dixon | Chop Paddle
$130.00 | YLighting
GARDENA Comfort Vario Bypass Pruners - 8790
$39.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for: