Installing Oven Under Bosch Induction Cooktop

kmg67January 7, 2014

Anyone install an a wall oven under a Bosch cooktop? Bosch's installation instructions indicate not to install a wall oven under their cooktop unless it is vented. Using a Bossh single wall oven as an example, I'm not sure how this can be done since it vents out the front. I also see a picture in the kitchen gallery on the Bosch site of one of their ovens installed under an induction cooktop.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sjhockeyfan325

I have a Fagor 30" oven installed below the Bosch NIT5065 induction cooktop. The Fagor fan blows air out between the oven door and the control panel. Works fine so far (admittedly only a couple of weeks, but I have baked in the oven, and I have used the cooktop almost every day).

Bookmark   January 7, 2014 at 1:38PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
xedos

It's not meant to be done that way, that's why they don't show the specification.

The only "vented" ovens I know of are Thermador models from the 60-70's - and I'm pretty sure none of them would fit below a cooktop anyway.

It can physically be done with a few ovens, like hockeyfan illustrates. But, you might prematurely wear out the electronics on the ctop and I'll bet BSH will decline to warranty it for you. Even if you decide to foot the bill yourself the part and labor will run close to a grand in many cases - check the induction threads that abound.

Bookmark   January 7, 2014 at 7:31PM
More Discussions
Removal of Dishwasher Detergent Build-Up
I have a Miele dishwasher in a rental unit that has...
dimond
24" refrigerator. Liebherr, Fagor, LG, etc?
We live in Boston. We are in the market for 24"....
ttkogi
Need advice on combining induction and gas
This is my first post. Please forgive the length or...
jdsb2
Double Gaggeneau Oven vs. Single with Microwave/Convection
We are in the middle of remodeling our kitchen. I...
C C
Island hood location/height
I've got a cooktop that's 20" X 37" that...
dickross
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™