Round Top

patty_cakesMarch 24, 2013

Just wondering if anyone will be coming to TX for Round Top. it's coming up soon(1st week of April)and i'm really excited since I didn't go either last spring or fall due to other plans that couldn't be changed. It's only a 45 minute trip for me. ;o)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Miz_M

I wish! It's 4 hrs from me, would love to make a weekend of it. Hope you have a great time, and find some wonderful treasures! :)

Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 4:03PM
ingeorgia

Am wanting to go in October. It's a bit further for me : ) Wish I only lived 4 hours away ... 45 minutes? ohhh my. My family started in NW GA and then did the big Texas migration, My GreatGrands met and married in Fourney. I try to get back every year or so.

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 8:48AM
texasredhead

There are a lot of Antique shops in and around Fourney which is east of Dallas. We get to Canton First Monday at least once a year. Have been to Roundtop a couple of times which is down the road from Brennan where those contented cows produce Blue Bell Ice Cream, where they eat all they can and sell the rest.

Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 5:44PM
patty_cakes

Have talked with a friend about going to Canton a few times, and seem every time we plan on going it rains~am 31/2-4 hrs away. I know we'll get there, but it will be later rather than sooner.

Texansredhead, hahaha, yes the contented Bluebell cows. Brennan is a neat place too. Moving to TX has been a wonderful and exciting experience for me. I'm loving it!

Bookmark   March 29, 2013 at 2:25PM
texasredhead

We are originally Buckeyes but we moved to Texas, Were transfered here and decided to stay. Been here since 1971. Tell the "natives" we are here by choice not by accident of birth

Bookmark   March 30, 2013 at 9:41AM
More Discussions
Three crown stamp on fork: Swedish or U.S.?
Any idea on the age or authenticity of this brass fork...
bradleyd_svh
Why isn't furniture selling?
I've been trying to sell this 45" diameter vintage...
debodun
Help identifying Bowl
I have had this Bowl for some time, i can't seem to...
Dones
walnut panel
Hi Everyone, I bought this 30" piece at an auction...
sam_md
Early Masons Vista Pink Soup Tureen
Hello! I have inherited a great deal of Masons vista...
aeb78
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™