Ceiling Tile Recommendations???

dzd9fyMarch 18, 2008

I am looking at using the Ceiling Link system in our basement and was wondering what tiles people have chosen and why. The basement will have a finished height of 6-9, except where I need to box in duct work and such. For what it is worth the house was built in 1951 and I will be installing probably 900 sq ft between the main area, a study and a bathroom.

Maybe is it is just the stores in my area, but it is suprising there is not a better display of the tiles out there to give you an idea of what it will really look like in the various styles. Lowe's has single tiles at least with some light shining on them, but not as you would see in a real installed position. HD has some on display, poor lighting and more open boxes of damaged material than anything. Have not yet ventured to Menards as it is about and hour away.... Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
andrelaplume2

I always wondered, if on the cheap, one could not cut a 4 X 8 sheet of drywall into 8 2x2 tiles...sure would be cheap!

Bookmark   March 19, 2008 at 3:06PM
hendricus

I like that.

Bookmark   March 21, 2008 at 1:23PM
sniffdog

Using drywall squares does sound like a cost effective solution - but is there a weight issue?

I am planning to use a track system to hold the tiles in place. I am not sure these tracks would hold up the many sheets of drywall (cut into tiles) needed to cover my ceiling.

thanks

Bookmark   March 24, 2008 at 10:07AM
andrelaplume2

my home depot used to sell 1/4" drywall...should be light...sound issues are another story I guess...

Bookmark   May 23, 2011 at 10:09PM
More Discussions
Walk-out basement design
Building a house in western Massachusetts -- it will...
Artemis_MA
want to finish basement but very humid...
Have an unfinished basement. House built 2012. During...
nadine33
Str'l Wood Floor + CrwlSpace vs Concrete Slab
Hello, We were discussing our plans with a builder...
Naween
Flooring System over a basement
In my current house we used 16-18" deep floor...
AZN8TIV
Easier way to burst up concrete?
Since it seem I have to do some concrete busting work...
ravlegend
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™