Update on Frigidaire FG4B2844LFE

macmomma_gwJanuary 4, 2014

I bought a Frigidaire Gallery french door refrigerator last spring to replace a very old Amana freezer-on-the-bottom model. We have well water which is poor quality for drinking, and so had never had an ice maker, but the filter system on this refrigerator led us to go ahead and get the model with water and ice in the door. I think overall, the space usage in the french door style is less efficient than other styles. This refrigerator is about 6 cubic feet larger than our old one, but we fit about the same amount of food. It is much easier to see the contents of the refrigerator in this model, and I love the deli tray that is right above the freezer. My cheese, deli meats, etc stay fresh much longer. I used to have terrible problems with my produce freezing in the produce drawers, but that is not an issue in this Frigidaire. It really stores produce well. I like the configuration of the freezer drawer. It's much easier to use than the bottom freezer door we had on the Amana. The unit is very quiet, and extremely easy to clean. The filter on the ice maker works quite well, and it's such a luxury to have ice whenever we want it!

I have been in vacation rentals with Whirlpool and GE french door refrigerators, and they don't compare at all to this Frigidaire Gallery. Much cheaper feeling, frozen produce, and poor cooling.

The only complaint I have is that the little vertical flap between the two french doors on top doesn't alway slide into place when I close the doors. I often have to move it into the groove so that it shuts properly.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
a2gemini

Thanks! I have the elux.
I find if I am assertive opening the door, the flap lines up when I close the door. If I am too gentle(wimpy), the flapper doesn't pop all the way open.
If that doesn't work, have it checked while still under warranty.
I also find my food keeps so much better than my old whirlpool.

Bookmark   January 5, 2014 at 5:26AM
More Discussions
Sealed vs Open Gas Burners
What's the difference between sealed gas burners and...
cbarkston
Miele 643g dishwasher
I bought a house that has this dishwasher. I do not...
cbsdesign
Bosch Speed Microwave Oven vs. GE Advantium?
We had a GE Advantium for 7 years and used it 2-3 times...
erikgerard
Vent hood, Broan, Vent a Hood, Zephyr, or Kobe
I am looking for a 36'' under cabinet hood for a 36''...
abick2
Finish Detergent
Has anyone tried the new Finish Quantum Max 12X pacs?...
sparky823
Sponsored Products
Bover | Maxi 02 Pendant Light
YLighting
Set of 4 Eames Style DAW Molded Light Blue Plastic Dining Armchair with Wood Eif
eModern Decor
Shelly Three-Light Bath Fixture
$219.00 | Bellacor
Portsmouth Collection 14 3/4" High Outdoor Hanging Light
Lamps Plus
Premier Comfort Microplush Full-size 4-piece Sheet Set
Overstock.com
Casablanca Lighting Kits 2-1/4 in. Cased White Glass Ceiling Fan Light (4-Set)
$50.00 | Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™